The date is set, plans are underway, and your wedding day is fast approaching. You found your true love, the perfect dress, and in the midst of wedding planning, you are not happy with your reflection in the mirror. Since every woman wants to look her best on her wedding day, we asked certified personal trainer Sandra D’Elia-Cristino to share some of her tips to assist our engaged couples in feeling and looking their best.
Here are a few helpful tips:
- Replace terms like ‘exercise’ with being active, and ‘diet’, with making healthy food choices.
- No need to spend hours at the gym. Can-Fit- Pro recommends: 150 minutes of vigorous intensive activity per week, 22 minutes per day of the same intensive activity or 300 minutes of moderate vigorous activity per week.
- Mix up your workout routine. Try a HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) workout which research has shown to be very effective in a short period of time.
- Include cardio and strength training. Start with 12-15 repetitions of a strength exercise in 3 sets. When your muscles are feeling taxed too early on in your repetitions, reduce the weight.
- Increase your water intake as you increase your activity, avoid and reduce processed foods from your eating habits.
Remember, this is a journey to a better, fit you. You are a work in progress, keep moving and strive for a healthy you!
Sandra D’Elia-Cristino/CAN-FIT-PRO Certified Personal Trainer